$47.00 – $71.00
High Temp Lab Metal
Permanent repair compound – withstands 1000ºF. Hi-Temp Lab-metal is ready-to-use right from the can. Developed for difficult repairs subject to excessive heat, Hi-Temp Lab-metal withstands temperatures as high as 1000ºF
Easy to Use
Hi-Temp Lab-metal is applied directly from the can with a putty knife or similar tool. No two-component mixing or measuring is necessary. Many applications may be made from a single can. After each use, to prevent Hi-Temp Lab-metal from hardening in the can, pour Lab-solvent over the remaining Hi-Temp Lab-metal contents, then cover tightly. (Stir the solvent into the Hi-Temp Lab-metal before using again). Lab-solvent is also used to thin Hi-Temp Lab-metal for brush-on applications.
Hi-Temp Lab-metal adheres to most metals. Once hardened, it can be machined, ground, filed, and sanded. Buffed to a satin smooth finish, Hi-Temp Lab-metal leaves an undetectable repair. Hi-Temp Lab-metal is impervious to the attack of rust, rot, and mildew. It is not affected by varying climatic conditions, and the hardened metal can be painted over — even powder-coated.
VIEW THE DOWNLOADABLE SHEETS FOR MORE INFO
Lab-metal or Hi-Temp Lab-metal
How to determine which product to use for high temperature applications
• For powder coating processes at temperatures less than 350*F,
Lab-metal may be used (even for multiple oven passes).
• For powder coating processes in which the metal parts will never be subject to temperatures higher than 425*F,
for duration’s no longer than 20 minutes, for no more than one oven pass, Lab-metal may be used.
• Hi-Temp Lab-metal must be used in powder coating processes running at temperatures above 425*F.
• Hi-Temp Lab-metal must be used if a part is to be exposed to temperatures above 350*F for more than 20 minutes in duration (or multiple high-heat exposures).
• Hi-Temp Lab-metal must be applied in thin layers and allowed to air dry for at least 24 hours, then heat cured as instructed on the label. If Hi-Temp Labmetal is not completely dry when subject to heat, and if the product is not properly heat hardened, outgassing or bubbling may occur.
|Dimensions||6 × 3 × 3 in|