EVAPO-RUST™ works through selective chelation. This is a process in which a large synthetic molecule forms a bond with metals and holds them in solution. Most chelating agents bind many different metals. The active ingredient in EVAPO-RUST™ bonds to iron exclusively. It can remove iron from iron oxide but is too weak to remove iron from steel where the iron is held much more strongly. Once the chelating agent has removed the iron, a sulfur bearing organic molecule pulls the iron away from the chelator and forms a ferric sulfate complex which remains water soluble. This frees the chelating agent to remove more iron from rust.
Evapo-Rust is highly recommended by the NRA Gunsmithing School and will remove blueing, browning, zinc phosphate, zinc plating and cadmium plating in approximately 30 minutes. It will not harm solder points or lead and preps the surface for refinishing like no other product.
- Removes rust in as little as 5 minutes
- Non-toxic, non-corrosive, safe on skin
- No fumes or bad odors, non-flammable, no VOC’s
- Biodegradable, water soluble
- Easy to use – Soak part in room temperature solution
- Requires no special equipment
- No acids, bases, solvents or other toxic ingredients
- Will not harm unrusted steel, safe on other metals
- Can be disposed of safely into sewer
- One gallon derusts up to 300 pounds of heavily rusted steel
- An excellent rust inhibitor
- Will not affect plastic, PVC, Viton and most paints
|Dimensions||6 × 6 × 12 in|
120 grit regular 1/2" x 1", 80 grit regular 1/2" x 1", 60 grit regular 1/2" x 1", 120 grit Tapered 1/2" x 1", 80 Tapered regular 1/2" x 1", 60 grit Tapered 1/2" x 1", Cartridge Roll Starter Kit 7pcs., Tapered Mandrel 1/4" x 2.5"